Sunday 1 November 2015

Competitor Research


I have created a competitor research wordle with the names of all the magazines that have the same chosen genre.

How will this be useful in my research?
It will be useful as it helps me to look at these magazines and analyse what is the missing gap in the market is for RnB magazines, so I can ensure that my magazine is not just another music magazine. When researching, the first thing I noticed is that it was extremely hard to find and compile a collection of RnB magazines as most are extremely niche and only available in certain parts of the world e.g HipHop Weekly is solely based in Atlanta, Georgia; this isn't beneficial for UK readers as it then becomes hard to get a copy of magazine. The other problem that occurred is that music magazines don't have a large frequency e.g. VIBE magazine is released on a quarterly basis, this may seem a problem for keen readers. The final problem I came across is that most magazines are slowly becoming online only e.g. VIBE or not issuing copies anymore due to decrease in readership.

How this will be useful in my production:

  • Make my magazine appeal to larger target audiences 
  • Ensure that it is easily accessible 
  • Ensure interesting topics/ content for the readers 
  • Make sure the frequency of my magazine is regular e.g monthly
  • To help decide a unique and interesting name

1 comment:

  1. Again, great post, plenty of detail. In order to really push yourself and gain those extra marks we just need to see you take ownership of your blog and see your personality come through. Feel free to do additional posts that are not prescribed yet you feel will help in your development.

    ReplyDelete