Saturday 31 October 2015

Genre- Emaze



Genre Research

What was the task?
The task was to research into my chosen genre of RnB, I looked into types of RnB, key artists, current RnB magazines, history and development and fans of RnB.

What did you learn?
I learnt what a genre meant, this is helpful when understanding how to refine my research so that it will appeal to the TA and in knowing the correct artists and tour dates for my chosen Genre. I have also learnt that how there are different sub-genres within RnB mainly due to the fact that past RnB is so different to current music. (this became majorly apparent when creating the history timeline.)
How will this task help me with my production?
Now understanding what RnB artists look like and how they dress, I can now incorporate this style onto my magazine e.g. knowing how to dress the models so they look appropriate for the genre. This task has also made me more aware of my competitors so I have to make my magazine stand out and it will help me in ensuring it carries the same characteristic that other magazines have meaning that it looks relatable to the genre. The final way think task helped is through knowing the type of RnB route I am going most into, this is contemporary RnB.







1 comment:

  1. Again, good post Sophie with plenty of detail. However we really do need to see you give this a solid introduction and explanation in order for this to be considered a finished post.
    What was the tsk?
    What did you learn?
    How will this help you in the future?

    ReplyDelete