Saturday 10 October 2015

Iconography


What is iconography?

Iconography is the association with an artist to a picture, so I have created a mindmap using iconography of the software 'simple minds' I have looked at sub-genres and the artists that represent them 

What I learnt from this task and how this information will help me improve my work-

I have gained an understanding of what artists go into specific genres and their artists whether these artists are past or present, using this iconography I can also gather the artists and genre which is most heard of (particularly for the target audience of 16-26) house, pop/RnB and rap are the more listened to compared to rock and classical, therefore I would not create a magazine on either of them genres.

1 comment:

  1. Introduction and explanation please. Also what is 'iconography'?
    What was the task?
    What did you learn?
    How will this help you in the future?

    ReplyDelete