Sunday 13 December 2015

Photoshoot plan, ideas and audience feedback

Photo shoot day 1- 12/12/15

Location- My house
Clothing- current/trendy smart casual clothing, preference brand: Topshop

Ideally, I would like the model to be wearing their own casual clothing as it creates a relatable idea of fashion e.g. what is suitable/fashionable towards the audience. This establishes a connection between the reader and the magazine as they may like an item of clothing and want to wear something similar as it is wearable and not too extravagant like how most celebrities dress for magazines.

I have also used everyday non-artificial settings e.g. house as most of my target audience would still be in education therefore they can relate to everyday, non-artificial settings.

I think that using these relatable settings my magazine would stand out more as it is unlikely that a magazine would do a photoshoot in an everyday setting, again reinforcing a relatable vibe.

Having asked my target audience ( a survey of 56 people) over 88% of participants agreed that using everyday settings to take photos of people in causal clothing would attract them more to buying a magazine compared to a more formal one.














Any problems and how I overcame them:

  • one model arrived wearing all white, due to the photos being in black and white I had to offer them a change of clothing so that they wouldn't be disguised into the background
  • Some photos didn't fit my criteria so I had to take some photos in school to compensate for 'unusable photos'



No comments:

Post a Comment