Tuesday 1 December 2015

Why people use the media



Problems that I encountered and how I resolved them:

After having completed this task on the software 'Go Animate' I was unable to upload it onto my blog as the 14 day free trail had expired. I have recreated my work using powerpoint and uploading it onto slideshare as I felt it was a suitable software to present the uses and gratifications theory on.

What was the task?

The task was to understand why people use the media, this was best explained through Blumner and Katz Uses and Gratifications theory

What did I learn?

I learnt that their was valid reasons as to why a person may chose to listen to/read a certain type of media and that these people do it according to their needs for it e.g. a stressful day may lead to someone wanting to watch an entertainment program or students may watch documentaries to be informed on a certain topic

How will this information help improve my work?

Knowing this information, I can now create a magazine that will provide the correct uses that my audience would like it to be used for, ideally it would be used for the purpose of information, entertainment and escapsim (the interviews I conducted also helped me to understand this.)

1 comment: